It's Zuzu's turn for the "What's in my ..." series, but she had such a hard time deciding what to highlight, she just decided to show the whole thing. Check out Everyday Beauty and see what's on--and in--Zuzu's dressing table.
I was lucky enough to receive an advance look at Anastasia's new "See and Be Seen" summer palette, and I'm loving it! The colors and textures are perfect for warm-weather looks and there's something for just about everyone.
This collection includes the On-Set eyeshadow duo, two Hydrafull Glosses in Plastic and Heiress, and a Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel. The colors work well together to give a lovely summery, bronze glow.
Hi all! I'm still having a lot of issues with my arm so I'm not up for doing full reviews yet, but I thought I'd show you the eyes I did yesterday with Laura Mercier's Rubellite (Limited Edition), which I will be reviewing soon. It's a bit shocking in the pan, being a vivid pink, and I was afraid it would make me look as if I'd been crying. Luckily, it turned out to be absolutely gorgeous and perfect for summer!
Here are a couple of shots of Rubellite, the color I used as inspiration for this look:
- Laura Mercier Baked Eye Color in Rubellite
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream #18 (pale, iridescent violet)
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Denim Ink (reviewed here)
- Diorshow Iconic Mascara (review here)
I applied MUFE's Aqua Cream #18 on the mobile lid, followed by Laura Mercier's Baked Eye Shadow in Rubellite in the crease. I lined my upper lash line using Bobbi Brown's Denim Ink Gel Eyeliner and applied 2 coats of my favorite mascara, Diorshow Iconic.
So, there you have it. I'll post again tomorrow if my arm is up to it. Otherwise, just know I'm going to do as much as possible without re-injuring anything. Hopefully by this time next week, I'll be back up and running!
And for the time being, I have a question for you: Have you ever purchased a product because it was so pretty, even if you felt it might not work for you? What was it?
Read about how Beauty Reflections got her Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate for a great laugh!
Check out a gorgeous taupe and violet eyeshadow duo this week on theNotice - and make sure to give the accompanying look a read, too!
The Pink Sith reveals what was in her June Birchbox and if this was it's third strike or a home run!
Is the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Pencil a more convenient form of their best selling gel-liner? Head over to Makeup, Beauty and More to find out!
Get beauty schooled, with Krasey Beauty and Make Up For Ever.
This week, Lisamarie from Beauty Crazed discovers the wonders of Yves Saint Laurent La Laque Couture - check out her swatches and see if you agree that the polish looks just as nice as the bottle!
Phyrra has over 25 reasons for you to be happy this summer with the Meow Joys of Summer Collection!
Gouldylox discovers a hair treatment that is nothing short of a miracle. The shampoo and Leave In Treatment work so well, my hay-like hair isn't missing a traditional conditioner!
bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Glosses have become Prime Beauty's best friends!
Don't know why your hair is perpetually flat and greasy? Silicones could be your issue! Here are a couple of tips to prevent silicone buildup on The Beauty Nerd, so that you can put some volume back into your hair!
Hellcandy introduces Bex Londoner, a luxury range of unisex fragrances that capture the many distinct scents of London city.
This week, the Beauty Spotlight Team has yet another example of outstanding organizational skills. My nail polishes are always dumped together in a big mess in a box or bag, but Jessica from Polish Insomniac has a much better system.
See what she's got in her Polish Station!
Hi all! I know you may be wondering why I haven't posted this week, and I have an answer for you. Unfortunately, it's a rotten answer.
It seems that I have a pinched nerve in my neck which is causing excruciating pain, burning, numbness and tingling down the length of my right arm and into my right hand. Sadly, I'm right-handed, so this is causing unbelievable frustration for me. I currently am unable to feel my ring or pinky finger on my right hand, can't make a fist or grip anything with that hand, and have very few fine motor skills.
Because of all of this, I've been instructed to completely rest my right hand and arm until we get an MRI done next week, at which point we will assess the situation and determine a course of treatment. However, until that time, I can read but not write blogs, so I'll be out of commission.
Please be patient with me as we resolve this problem. Thank goodness it happened when school is out for the summer so I have some time to try treatments. I have a very physical job that can't be done without both arms.
I hope you all still visit while I'm out of commission. If you feel like dropping me a line, please do so at lipstickdiva at comcast.net. I'd love to hear from you!!
Nail polish and Monthly Beauty Sample Subscription lovers: Pammy Blogs Beauty continues to love her Julep Maven subscription with this month's "Classic with a Twist" box. Check out Pammy's thoughts on the box and her NOTD!
Jessika from polish insomiac shows us How To Smooth Bumpy Glitters.
At Everyday Beauty, Zuzu*s Petals finally found her perfect MLLB shade in her beloved Chanel Rouge Coco Shine formula. Come see what's so fetishistic about Fétiche.
The Pink Sith tells you a story. Once upon a time a fair maiden & a gallant Knight created magic and Medicine Mama's Apothecary sells it!
Modesty Brown turns the clock back 12 months to see what she was loving this time last year and feels pangs of guilt for neglecting such beautiful items.
Prime Beauty has a BIG crush on Dick Page, Creataive Director for Shiseido, find out why she's smitten and what's in store for summer!
Visionary Beauty shows us some everyday shadow essentials from Burberry.
Living, raw skincare? What's that? Find out in London MakeUp Girl's review of Live Native Skincare.
Perilously Pale finally gave in and ordered the Ellis Faas Spring Gift Set for her first foray into the world of Ellis Faas. Was it worth the wait?
Summer's here, and Shannon from Lipstick Musings has Lancome's new limited-edition Color Design Eye Palette in Desert Sunset . Get it while it's hot!
Paula, from Older Girl Beauty talks to Emmy Award winning makeup artist Kevin James (KJ) Bennett about his new makeup brush collaboration with Royal and Langnickel called "[R]evolution".
Beauty Info Zone has a fabulous tool that you won't believe you don't own. Check out Minerals Mate Mixing Palette to learn about it and WIN one for yourself.
15 Minute Beauty Fanatic reviewed the entire Somme Institute Skin Care Line. She had a favorite product, which one is your favorite?
- A pea-sized amount really doesn't seem to make enough cleanser to cover the entire face. When I make it a true paste, it doesn't go far enough to cleanse the entire area. When I add more water to make it go further, it gets too watery to do much good. Therefore, I end up using more product than I should.
- The paste itself is really hard to work with. If it's too thick, it won't spread. If it's too thin, it's like rubbing plain calamine lotion on my skin. Getting the exact right consistency has turned out to be a bigger aggravation than I want to deal with.
- There is just no way this cleanser is removing oil and dirt properly, much less makeup. The reason I'm so sure of this is that IT WON'T RINSE OFF. Every time I used it, I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed and yet there was still a thin pink layer of product left on my face. I basically had to scrub it off with a wet washcloth. Then I had to use a real cleanser to get the residue completely off and to make sure my makeup was properly removed. And of course, in the process, I removed all the benefits I'd supposedly gotten from those great ingredients.
Bottom Line: Rose Tempura, while being undeniably pink, is an extremely versatile shade that goes with virtually anything. I have extremely neutral undertones, which is probably why I pick up both the warm and the cool tones in this one. Those of you with warmer or cooler skin will see the undertones reflect on you accordingly. The formula is outstanding, as it's lightweight yet long-wearing, and it retains its gloss for hours and its color for hours longer than that. I'm truly addicted to these, and will be bringing you more shades soon!
Today I'm going to show you one of the eye looks I've come up with using YSL's Dessin du Regard Waterproof Eye Liner and the new Lancome Summer Eye Shadow Palette in Desert Sunset. The Dessin du Regard has been a little tricky for me since it's such a vibrant color and I'm used to neutrals, but I think I like this one.
For this look, I primed with the Bare Minerals Brightening Eye Primer. I must have gotten a sample of it recently, because I found it floating around in my purse the other day. It's a great primer with a pearly, iridescent finish that I love.
So, on to the eye:
- Bare Minerals Brightening Eye Primer
- Pink Coral eye shadow from the Lancome Desert Sunset Palette
- YSL Dessin du Regard Waterproof Eye Liner in Azure Blue
- Dior Diorshow Iconic Mascara
- Ultraflesh gel liner from the Black Magic collection
I love that this gives me a pop of color, but I'm still not totally sure about it. I used the Azure Blue again yesterday in conjunction with some purples, and it really looked nice. I'll try to do that one again next week and post pictures. For now...here's what you get!
Do you have items in your collection that you absolutely love, but have difficulty figuring out how to wear them?
Were there any colours in the Dior summer collection other than orange? While viewing the swatches of Lisamarie from Beauty Crazed, one would think not... check them out and see if you agree that orange is the awesome-est!
Phyrra shows you her newest lust, the Sugarpill Heart Breaker Palette. She compares it to some of her other favorite shadows and shares some looks, too!
At Eyelining Obsessions, Claire sums up her review series talking about 6 high street BB Creams.
Rae tries out a bright, summery, colour-blocked makeup look at theNotice. Find out what fuchsia and coral lipsticks she picked to create the lip!
Bun Bun Makeup Tips reviews some good quality eyeshadows from Makeup Geek! Shimma Shimma and Shimmermint are her favorites!
Love nail polish? Check out Krasey Beauty's review of the Zoya Beach collection!
Shannon at Lipstick Musings has found the perfect way to fake the sunny with Chanel's Soleil Tan de Chanel in Sable Rose from the Summertime de Chanel Collection. If you're a fan of bronzers, you may just need this one!
Jumping in on the BB Cream Craze, Pammy Blogs Beauty is determined to find one that works for her! Find how how she likes Clinique's Age Defense BB Cream.
Find out which OPI polish is a wallet-friendly dupe for Chanel Peridot on My Lips But Better.
Miss Beauty Nerd is opting for Maybelline's Dream Nude Airfoam as her go-to foundation in this muggy weather.
K from Beautifully Addicted To gives you a look at L'Oreal Rouge Caresses in Dating Coral.
Christina the Glitterholic welcomes her makeup sensei Lisa in a guest post reviewing the new MAC Collection, Casual Colour Lip and Cheek Pots. Check out her swatches and read her review.
My current favorites are:
- Lancome's Summer Color Design Palette in Desert Sunset
- Urban Decay's Naked Palette
- The new Smashbox Shades of Fame Palette
- Fyrinnae's shadow in Te Amo
- YSL's Touche Eclat
Favorites from this drawer include:
- Diorshow Iconic Mascara
- L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara
- Lancome Artliner in Gold Passion
- YSL Dessin du Regard Waterproof Eyeliner in Azure Blue and Luminescent Gold
- Chanel Soleil de Tan de Chanel in Sable Rose.
- Dior Glowing Color Powder Blush in Passion Fruit.
- Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Malice
- Laura Mercier's Illuminator
- Boscia's BB Cream
- Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More Primer
- Armani Face Fabric Foundation
- Make Up For Ever High Definition Powder
- Chanel Glossimer in Jalousie
- The new YSL Glossy Stains, which are unbelievable. I am currently using #11 and #14
- Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Remover
- Kiehl's Powerful Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate
- DDF Advanced Eye Firming Concentrate
- Audra James Bespoke Facial Oil
- Repechage Triple Firming Cream